3/25/2009

From Brittney to Beethoven

Two memorable teaching moments happened today that I just had to share.



The first was in a 5th grade class. The students were writing, and this little conversation took place...



Sean: "Teacher, raba is r-a-b-a?"
Me: "What is that?"
Sean: "The things comes from volcano."



The second moment happened during the last class of the day with a group of second graders. They were also writing. One student was finished and started mindlessly humming Beethoven's 5th. One by one, other students joined in, humming their own part! Pretty soon, I had a second grade symphonic concert happening in my little classroom! Two months ago, my American 4th grade students were strutting around in their hoochi-mama pants and singing baby-oh-baby songs, and now I'm being serenaded by savants who have memorized their sheet music!

2 comments:

  1. What great stories! I am glad you are experiencing memorable teaching moments already. Yay! I am thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would've thought that when we would have sleepovers in your basement-playing hairstylist and putting florescent color makeup on that you would be in Korea! I was glued to your blog-keep me informed, I would love to see more pics!! May God Bless you on your journey that He has sent you on, I will keep you in my prayers!
    Your Forever Friend,
    Tiffani Stearns-Kurtz

    ReplyDelete