4/05/2009

Dr. Fish and Branches

Have you ever had a pedicure? I mean a really, really great pedicure? It's so relaxing and refreshing; a time to chill with your girlfriends and be pampered. Well, I got a pedicure this past weekend. It would not fall into the category of really, really great. In fact, it was the most agitating and stressful pedicure I've ever had, and I would do it again in a heartbeat! You see, my feet were not touched by human hands the entire time. It's a fish pedicure. No, seriously! You put your feet into a tank of water and just sit while hoards of hungry, tiny, piranha-like fish go to town on your dead skin. It's the CRAZIEST thing ever!

I went with two friends of mine, and I was expecting a clinic-type environment, but what I got was a very posh coffee shop. I was pretty surprised. I had to go up to the counter and order a pomegranate tea and a Dr. Fish (an order of beverage is required for the foot treatment). We sat back and chilled until it was our turn. We were all excited all morning, and when the moment came, the fear struck! I am quite ashamed of the video I took, but for your viewing pleasure, I will post it. I will have you know that this was only the first few seconds of the Dr. Fish experience! I did eventually leave my feet in the tank and let the little fishies have their lunch. I only freaked out when they made their way in between my toes. That just could not be tolerated! I can't say that it was more or less effective than the traditional method, but it sure was more exciting! Oh, and what was the cost? Only 2,000 won, which is the equivalent of about $1.80, plus the price of tea.

Afterwards, we headed to Yeoido for the cherry blossom festival. One of the people from training planned a group event, and about twenty people showed up. It didn't take long to see that cherry blossoms were just not happening. We walked and walked and walked to the festival site. The walking was nice because there were many people doing large-scale art work on the sidewalks and it was so interesting. When we finally made it to the festival site, it became quite obvious that the festival didn't start until next week, and all those people doing art projects were just preparing for the street showcase next weekend. No worries though! We took a detour to a park and just sat and talked until it became too cold to be outside anymore. Some would have called the event a bust, but I really enjoyed all the walking in an area that wasn't nearly as congested as my own, and it was a great to spend time with people.

Enjoy the pictures and please don't hold the video against me! I'm much more brave than I seem here!






1 comment:

  1. I am proud of you for letting something touch your feet! It looks way neat! I am glad to hear that you are getting to spend time with people.

    ReplyDelete